The study of many disciplines does not make man righteous yet it greatly propels the ease by which they may realize themselves as such and build greater. Just as the most oppressive societies have fortified themselves with the study of many disciplines, our study of a versatile curriculum will develop our framework of ideas, potential and self awareness.
The following ten subject areas are a beginning in this broad range of study that are necessities of culture…
1. Hygiene - In a supposedly civilized advanced society, hygiene is often at its lowest. A possible reason for that aside from the awkward change it is for the Caucasian/westernized world, is that we do not view it as a constant study. We may adapt certain measures as they come to us or flow with social mores if say someone properly uses a tissue to open the bathroom door that reeks with diverse fecal matter particles. However, we must constantly protect ourselves from the environment through a developing awareness and knowledge of hygienic practices and study to fortify the home with less chemical pollutants and cleaner rituals.
2. Music - While we may enjoy the latest pop craze and shuffle 500 diddies on our ipod, music is a language of resistance and expression that our people, oppressed the last 6,000 plus years have developed wonderfully. To love music is to learn of it, to expand the palette of sounds we here also broadens the ability to hear and develop new ideas. In the societies we live in with so many Original people from all over the world, we ought to know these other languages they have expressed themselves with, beyond the radio's narrow dialect. In New York City, we have at least Dominican meringue and bachata, Puerto Rican Salsa, Bomba, Plena, Cuban Son, Jamaican Roots Reggae, the so-called African American Soul Music, Jazz and the for all these Original people the most lyrically expressive musical genre to date, Hip Hop music. Rakim, Donny Hathaway, Miles Davis, Johnny Ventura, Willie Colon, Bob Marley should all be heard.
3. News - From the politics of your immediate residential area to the world stage, we must seek out legitimate news sources and study them. We must know more than the paltry 15 minute broadcast at 11pm of tabloid specials. This is one of the ways to understand the people we love and seek to build with.
4. Science - The sciences of bio-chemisty, quantum mechanics and mathematics are key to a knowledge of self. Working to study sciences slowly and usefully will always give more sense to the universe we have created. This is the study of our inner workings. How can we not study this daily?
5. Health - The diet is something to constantly from the inner to the outer. If the proposed healthier lifestyle is adopted, a vegan/living foods diet, is embraced then one can no longer eat ignorantly. One must be a student of ingredients, preparation and recipes. We must learn what things we may be putting in our body, how to prepare them so that we may have supreme control and learn to express ourselves through our food with recipes that make food taste great to us.
6. Training - The training that one chooses must be studied. Brothers must study how to increase their muscle mass without loads of whey and sugar to merely mold fat. If we engage in a sport we must learn more of the sport and what its benefits are. We must also learn to strengthen our bodies and avoid injury.
7. Identity - The study of identity is a key to a successful knowledge of self so that a title of God and Earth and a righteous name are not merely fancy claims. We must work on noticing belief and letting it go with truth and become aware of the clichés we have labeled ourselves with and let them go. This is a lifelong study.
8. Pedagogy - The science of teaching is also in the science of learning. Learning how to teach we must also learn how we actually learn. What pitfalls we may be prey to become more evident the more familiar we are with the many techniques. Also, learning to share sincerely is in the judgment of what ought to be shared. This is to be studied.
9. Talent - We must engage in many disciplines to find and hone our talents. It is through out talents that we will create sharings for the betterment of all. We must be aware of our talents with a humility that does not overrate them yet does not underplay them as well.
10. Love - The relationship of family, the creation of God and Earth is the reality of all things. We must study whom we share our deepest intimacy with and not merely expect to be loved but develop self into a person worthy of love. This is done with studying the ideas of intimacy, relationship, care and sincerity.